Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Whatever happened to the break in Spring Break?

This last week has been fairly exhausting for me. No it wasn't finals week, it was my Spring Break! The Friday before the holiday was supposed to start, I helped to load a tour bus with 46 other members of the Concordia Wind Ensemble and we left at 8 a.m. for our 10 day tour. Every day went something like this....load the bus, ride to the next stop, unload, set-up, practice, eat, change into concert attire, play, break down, go to our host families for the night, wake up at 6 a.m., and repeat.

Some points of the trip were rather fun, such as spending a lot of time getting to know everyone who I was touring with and meeting the lovely people who would open their homes to us. I met a lot of lovely people who sacrificed their time and sometimes money for us simply out of a common love for Christ. One night we went to San Antonio and we were given some free time to enjoy the Riverwalk. I went with a few people to see the Alamo for the first time and met an interesting person who was one of the Alamo Rangers. That night we got to stay at a nice hotel and sleep on wonderful soft beds. That was a very neat night, but of course it had to be the one day that it was cold and rainy, but whatever.
The Alamo (not my picture)
I have to admit that the entire tour was pretty awesome and I enjoyed the fun times that I had, but it also meant that I didn't get to do anything else, I didn't get hardly any homework done and I was exhausted when we returned the day before classes were supposed to start.


That is how I spent my Spring Break '09. PARTY IT UP!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    Your comment that I have not commented on your post made me think. I have not commented as much as I should, but in my defense, commenting on 55 blogs each week would be too time consuming. I guess I expect college students to work independtly. Anyway, your blog is well done; with thoughtful comments, visuals, and you are also staying current (9 of 11 posts).

    ReplyDelete