Wednesday, April 29, 2009

World Peace?



This particular view of Earth is strikingly beautiful. It seems to be completely at peace while in fact the area of the world that this photo covers includes some of the most war-torn places in the world. When I look at this beautiful image it is hard though to think past the superficial blue and white marble that we all love and realize that way down there on the surface there is tyranny, war, mass murder, starvation, disease, poverty, drought, etc... Instead I am taken back to when i was a young boy and dreamed of exploring the world and outer space. Back to when all I would see is the beauty and not the hurt. The next time that the world will truly be at peace is when the Lord comes back to call us home. Then we will all have the opportunity to look and enjoy, knowing that we can really find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment